|The Ventura County Fire Protection District, with over 444 uniformed and civilian men and
women, stands ready to serve you and the community .The fire district is an independent
jurisdiction; it is not a City of Camarillo department. However, the district encom-passes all of Ventura County, and five stations with 6 engines and 19 personnel serve the City of Camarillo.
The county Fire Department provides vital functions throughout the city. Many of the services ensure the safety and well-being of every citizen, whether providing pro- tection from life-threatening fires or just a friendly helping hand. Some of these services include:
* Blood Pressure Screenings -free blood pressure checks are available at all five city fire stations;
* Emergency Medical Services -emergency medical services are provided free of charge for the citizens of Camarillo. Call 9-1-1 if there is an emergency requiring assistance;
* Fire Education -programs on various aspects of public fire safety will be presented to any group free of charge;
* Fire Hydrant Location -for information on the location of the nearest fire hydrant or other
insurance data just dial'389-9748.
* Fire Station Tours -free tours are available at each of the city's
Career opportunity applications and additional information about these and other
programs may be obtained by visiting the District Office at 165 East Durley Ave in Camarillo or by calling the Community Education Bureau at 389-9748, weekdays from 8 AM to 5 PM.
VC Fire Department Website