City Council members serve four-year terms of office and are subject to Term Limits. In 2019, the City Council transitioned to Districts. Click this link for information regarding the districting process (District Elections) or the Adopted District Map. The Council terms are staggered so that two terms (Districts 3 and 4) expire in 2020 and three terms (Districts 1, 2 and 5) expire in 2022.
- November 3, 2020 - General Municipal Election - is an all Vote by Mail (VBM) Election under Executive Order N-64-20 and all registered voters will automatically receive a Vote By Mail ballot. There is a permanent VBM Ballot Drop Off box located at City Hall (see image below). Visit the Ventura County Elections department for more information.
- Notice of Election
- What District do I live in?
- How do I Run for Office?
- Election Results
- Political Sign Regulations
- Register to Vote
- Am I a registered voter?
- Ventura County Elections Division (805) 654-2781 for general information on elections, voter registration, vote by mail information, and voter services.
- Fair Political Practices Commission 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772), Monday-Thursday, for information regarding campaign disclosure requirements.